The Lebanese government announced on Tuesday that it would not attend this month’s Bahrain conference where the Trump administration plans to unveil the economic portion of its so-called “deal of the century”. The deal, touted by the White House as a roadmap for peace between the Israelis and Palestinians, has already been boycotted by key regional and international players. The Palestinians themselves have rejected the US plan, which they view as bias in favor of Tel Aviv. Lebanon’s Foreign Minister Gebran Bassil said that his country “will not participate in the Bahrain conference because the Palestinians are not participating.” “We prefer to have a clear idea about the proposed plan for peace,” Bassil added and explained that Beirut had not been consulted on the Trump administration’s vision. Earlier on Tuesday, a White House official claimed that Jordan, Egypt and Morocco would be joining the June 25-26 summit in Manama. Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar have already said they would attend. However, an Egyptian source told London-based, pan-Arab newspaper Al-Hayat that Egypt’s attendance at the conference “does not mean it will accept the peace plan.” Qatar has also made it clear that it only supports plans “the Palestinians are willing to accept.” عدد المشاهدات: 22 Share 0 Tweet 0 Share 0


قراءة الخبر من المصدر